WHAT DOES MUSKOGEE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and account transactions
- checking account information and credit card or other debt
- payment history and purchase history
When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Muskogee Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
Does Muskogee Federal Credit Union share?
Can you limit this sharing?
For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or to report to credit bureaus
For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you
For joint marketing with other financial companies
For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences
We don’t share
For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
We don’t share
For nonaffiliates to market to you
We don’t share
Call (918) 683-3460 or go to www.mfcuonline.org
What we do
How does Muskogee Federal Credit Union protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Muskogee Federal Credit Union collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- open an account or use your credit or debit card
- make a wire transfer or apply for financing
- show us your driver’s license
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Muskogee Federal Credit Union has no affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Muskogee Federal Credit Union does not share with our nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include credit card companies, loan recapture programs, financial advisors and insurance companies.